A refreshed and revised storefront is here!
This past week I officially said goodby to my old blog name “the story of kat,” and switched my etsy shop over to be sync with my KHG Arts name. Out with the old and in with the new! I’ve also included listings for patterns and more right in the shop section of this website so you can find them more easily. It feels SO GOOD to have everything looking sharp and working in a consistent way after dreaming and scheming for so long (or at least it felt like an age to me!).
The shiny new coating on my storefront is nice to have, but the best part of this refresh is the value I’ve been able to add to my patterns as I re-release each one to reflect the updated design sensibility. It only made sense to use it as an opportunity to update and expand on their content as well so here’s the lowdown on everything that’s new! Every PDF now includes:
- Stitched example photos are not only full-color, they are also much larger so you can see more detail
- Revised and updated information about my two favorite methods for transferring embroidery designs to fabric
- Three stitch tutorials complete with color photos and text to help get you started as well as some recommendations on where to find more (back stitch, split stitch, and french knots are included)
- A full-color stitch map that tells you what stitches have been used in the sample for each part of the design
- A handy color guide with DMC color codes that you can use to determine what colors the original sample was worked in if you want to stitch yours up in the same palette
- Easy to understand difficulty ratings
- Basic materials list for completing the embroidery
Here, you can get a glimpse of what the new KHG Arts PDFs look like:
Newly expanded and revised KHG Arts PDF patterns are now available!
I appreciate all the feedback I’ve gotten from pattern testers as it’s helped shape these newly expanded versions so much. As of this writing, I only have a few more left to re-release so stay tuned if your favorites have yet to be posted—they should be available again within the next week!